Tuesday, November 24, 2009

You Think You Know but You Have No Idea



This is a portrait of me my good friend Santi di Tito did for me.
Please comment if you like it.













Back to what I was describing to you in The Prince, "Concerning The Way in Which Princes Should Keep Faith" seems to be very controversial so I will leave a few remarks for the masses to contemplate. I was simply stating that it is a useful, actually an essential skill, for a Prince to be deceitful and have the ability to not appear to be so. I do not understand the controversy behind that notion. Ofcourse you commoners would not understand the minds of leaders. The ar of deceit is meant to feel great minds so ofcourse you are confused! HA!!

I digress, "One recent example I cannot pass over in silence. Alexander the Sixth did nothing else but deceive men, nor ever thought of doing otherwise, and he always found victims; for there never was a man who had greater power in asserting, or who with greater oaths would affirm a thing, yet would observe it less; nevertheless his deceits always succeeded according to his wishes,because he well understood this side of mankind." Do not get me wrong, one must appear to be gracious, religous, upright and all of those things so as not to be readily attacked. This is the art of deceit.

For those of you who are still waiting on more copies of the book, I have a special treat. Simply click the following link to see the entire text of The Prince.

The Prince Special Release!!!

Signing off for now,





1 comment:

  1. Machiavelli,

    It is Aristotle. What is this deceit yo continue to speak of? Are you mad? Sir we mush only seek the truth!! Why are you encouraging these lies. You exasperate me sir. I have some questions for you we will speak of at a later time. I must ponder these ideas you have

    ReplyDelete